The start of the month

In a day I will be a grandparent again.
I'm as excited as I can be living 1000 kms away from all of the action.
 I'm getting used to being up here far from family which isn't all that far when you consider the filipina I know here who work under contract. Some work for a year before they go home for a visit and then  I realize that at least I have the option of walking home where they would have to swim.

The distances vast
Another horizon past
The day ends one of many setting suns
Time to sleep
softly weep
For missing all my loved ones


It should be about now that I have the 20 grand that I didn't know I had. It comes from a job in the 90's the new owners of my old company want to close the old companies retirement plan so I get 20 large.
My investment guy should be calling any day verifying it has been deposited and in that thought I feel mixed emotions.
I would rather take the money and use it but the system feeds its self with the help of the cheery bunch of lawmakers in Ottawa.
Meaning that I have to keep it in a retirement plan rather than get it all now and blow it.


This first weekend of the month has another event besides the birthing of Sophia to celebrate!
The annual Hildebrand Croquette Classic is held the first weekend in August and this past weekend there were some notable no shows...Me for one. So the field was down to 16 players in my parents backyard instead of the 25-35 that have been coming the last few years. Remember you can only have 6 players on the course at one time so there are a lot of heats played when the numbers go up so this last one was quick with only 5 heats.
My sister tells me it was a fine time as it usually is what with Mom and others supplying all sorts of food combined with some alcohol and family how can you miss and she won the cup this year so for her it was an extra fine time. 
Next year I am sure my whole brood will be there.
And that would include the newest edition to the Donnelly/Hildebrand clan


Miss Sophia Elizabeth Gregorash
AKA Grandpas latest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?