One in every crowd

I wonder what kind of calamity will be caused by the refusal of some in power to see and understand the affects caused by SMS technology!
I didn't really get up to speed until I watched a few TEDx Talks.
Sure I knew that the internet had possibilities but to think the net would be connected to a mobile phone sending and receiving  information in real time was too much to think about back in 93 or 94 when I got my first cell phone.
I shouldn't have to keep up with these things after all we have lots of able bodies in the government to watch these trends and ignore them better than I can.


The government of Canada is still not up to speed when it comes to the internet and personal communication and likely will never get into gear within my lifetime. 
The lack of will to include crowd sourcing as a point of agenda within the major parties is short sighted but it is something to be avoided if you are opposed to an open democracy. 
Could you imagine Stevie Harper going over bill C-10 with the general population? Maybe the NDP could do a policy rewrite with all members involved, the Liberals and Greens are pretty much the same. Edmonton will be using an electronic ballot box for some referendums, maybe that example will push the rest of government.


What crowd sourcing can do for a democracy is put an end to passing bills which are suspect in their sincerity and effectiveness by getting the population to chime in. As I have mentioned before in this blog Iceland rewrote the constitution by crowd sourcing why is it barely mentioned here in North America?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

So what is your big idea?

On the road in India