Music: it only makes sense.

My love of music.

It goes back along way as something which I could do very easily.

I had a very good ear but no formal education to go with it, I floundered and thought that there was no way I could play an instrument.

I see now that my attitude had helped blow a lot of years which could have been spent learning music, the mechanics and formulas used to create music.

A bridge that I had never built was one that took me from natural or spontaneous music to the note on paper well defined and calculated.

My thought was that the person writing a score had a diminished creative capacity, the paper with lines and dots somehow was predetermining the sound that was in the composers head.

In some developmental ways it does but other than refining ones own musical sense my conclusion was just plain dumb and has kept me from formal musical training.

Now that I am into theory I have found more to love about music than I thought possible.

The simplicity set free to make some of the most complex sensory experiences that man can create for man or a God.

The simple math that forms fluidity, the reams of do's and don't's that boil down to make a sound in your mind and reproduce it for someone.

Music can be as complex or as simple as you IMAGINE. The key is to connect your inner self to the "outside".

We have been wrapped up in popular culture which was fed to us from the top down and now we are coming into an age where the 20 somethings will see the disinegration of much of main stream media.
This will not change the creation of music.
The spark that fly's through the brain to produce a sound in ones mind will not change, only our perceptions as to what is or is not music will waver.

When someone asks me why do you want to learn about music I can come up with only one good retort, Music: it only makes sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?