CABLE NETWORKS SUCK




I am still using the public computer and still hating it.
While being without access to the internet I have been prone to watching cable television, lots of it!

When you look at the basic cable package and what it offers in a day of programming it is amazing that I find anything to watch, anything that won't bring on psychotic behavior at least. The repeating of the same episode within a 12hr period is one thing but to repeat the same for a week is insane.

They all repeat programs they also have followed industry standard and produce shows for a TV season.

I'm not sure why the hell I even have cable?
 Oh Yeah for those times I have no computer but when it is back on line I will do three things, cancel my cable tv, buy an Xbox or Ps6, the last thing is an important one.


I'll sign up to
and
that takes me to my subject of the week at that is the viability of network/cable TV.


The push for a bill on piracy not only in the States with SOPA but also in Canada with the copywrite bill C-11and in general the promotion of the anti-counterfieting trade agreement aka ACTA is a cry from the media giants and whether these supposed draconian laws are put in place or the anarchy which is the internet is left alone the entertainment landscape is going to be vastly different in another five years. Of course it has changed over the last ten years but the changes that are now about to happen will affect the industry from top to bottom.
The concept of network tv has to change in order to stay afloat and being the good capitalists that they say they are they should have to deal with their competition and not try to legislate a legal shot into their arcane asses to keep the status quo.

Really cable would have no problem if they followed the netflix model to a flat rate which gives you access to a large selection of  entertainment but can this be done, really who cares! In the end the industry will evolve or fade to being the supplier of nothing but news and poorly scripted reality shows.
The whole cable system is a horrible joke. The brunt of the joke is the public using the cable service. I just don't find the joke funny anymore, people do all of us a favor and cancel your cable subscription. I am doing it today I have had enough and I won't take anymore of this leftover way of programming repeating the same episodes.
Oh yeah I'm still using the library computers and if I keep doing this I can cancel my internet too!
Well I won't go that far.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?