Does Google+ work? U bet!

Slodive.com
I have been reading in Google+ stream feed that it is not being used very much and the other most common comment seemed to be that Google+ is the same as Facebook. Or at least it seemed to be trying to be a rival social network.
I would disagree with the intent of g+ being one of direct competition to the company of Facebook.
The platform so far seems to be much better than Facebook mainly because of app integration.
Sure there are hundreds of appy type things on FB but they are from Zynga et al and the apps connected to FB have been, IMO, redesigned and I find it difficult to use. The google+ photo share is pretty powerful so I'm extra careful when downloading photo's.
Now here is something that I have found!
After +1 my blog posts I have had an increase in readership and by that I mean from about 7-20 page views a day to pretty much 80 a day.
What g+ has done is taken me out of my comfort zone with the circle thing (not sure I use it properly) and essentially introduced me to strangers who likely share with their friends and so on.
When I look at my stats there are few hits from FB links and I wonder if FB links to Blogger are counted, I hardly ever see FB listed as a view source.
There you go. It needs to be used more there is doubt but if it stays the course I am confident that people will use it more and more.
So what do I like about g+: The main page is well constructed and laid out.
                                         The photo share is very well done.
                                           Seems to give a kick to view counts,
                                             I'll use it for Utube posts I make.
                                              Super small and large business friendly
                                               Support is on the ball taking note of
                                                glitches reported in the stream
I do have to check out the video section of g+ and all the other features that come with it.
All I can say Is seriously check it out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?