The little blog that could

almost just like new!
Ah I have been on hiatus letting my mangled thumb heal and truthfully it has been a major PITA to type with a splint on one hand.
Hopefully that is all behind me now the joint is fuzed and the pins are pulled. It is so nice to have a nearly usable left hand. Now I face 6 weeks of rehabilitation to bring my hand and wrist back its flexibility.
Enough about my puny injury.
While I kicked back these last two weeks I have had views of the little blog explode! I try to ingnore the stats on the blog but when the average views goes from 2 a day to 80 it means a few more people are at least looking at certain pages.
For this writer those numbers are more a curiosity than a motivation.
But that changes when a reader contacts you..
It has happened only twice but it is what motivates a person not so much to write but rather to write better.
 I hope that has occurred.
There are a few levels of adulation (for want of a better word) statistics are one level, the comment is another and a large step up from that is what I found in one of my in boxes this morning.
A comment with some suggestions for future posts.
I started this blog as a personal distraction no need to have readers because I wanted to write.
Write to force myself to research certain subjects other posts are just a bit of personal flotsam ejected into cyberspace other times simply my opinion.
IOW the blog has been almost formless thru a lack of direction or focus.
He's the one with the goofy glasses.
Well it works for me, the numbers make me feel responsible to be somewhat regular with my posts but without an editor breathing down my neck I sometimes get a bit lazy and the flood of ideas quickly becomes a trickle.
So in honor of Jesse Byrne I will make my next post not on Hiway 63 or Ft. Mac but on the Occupy movement and its' second summer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the road in India

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

So what is your big idea?