into the mystic

Hi all:

So I have recently fractured my heel so I have a lot of time to spend in front of this machine. I decided to find out more about the many different religions in the world.

This is not an introduction to the experience of faith or of organized religion I have had some very strong personal experiences with, for want of a better word, spirituality. I have some questions to answer. The main one being this. If you have a transcendent experience is it attributable to the faith that you have grown up with or is it universal among the faiths. The second is how much does a religion have in the way of dogma. Along with these questions my investigation will look at how involved will the faith allow itself to be political. Also the history of some of them. Not super interesting and not funny but a log of a person who is searching not for truth really but at least some sense of how we have come to where we are.


I decided to go to some of the oldest but currently practised faiths.

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?