Lovin Livin in the Great White North

















Today the new rules demanding transparency in the Credit Card business take effect. I can't believe that these dicks had 9 months to jack rates! Of course in the spirit of equality it didn't matter who you are or your credit rating you got charged somewhere. Be it an interest increase or service fees that are from the stories I have seen OUTRAGEOUS.
So why do I like livin in Canada?
Besides the health care system?
Is it having more than two political parties?
Maybe it's because you can actually get a buzz from less than a case of beer?
It's all of the above plus I am not having my balls busted by a loan shark er credit card company.
You folks down south are getting jerked around by these poor impoverished companies of course you all deserve it or so these jack asses say.
What would be real interesting would be a credit revolt. Of course it would never happen but if everyone who has a card cut it up and sent it back to Bank of America or Citibank or whoever with a polite note saying something like "suck shit you are not getting another dime out me" then refused to pay until the rates went to a max of 20 percent and the fees charged made some logical sense.
They would crap their drawers.
I find it laughable that Bank of America feels they should have free reign on the rates they charge because of what amounts to bad business desicions of the recent past. Strange how they will ignore the pleas of a card user when they say "I have no job could you relax the charges please". I am a moderate Utilitarian and with that I have an adage that is at the top of my overused phrases list and that is "Whats good for the goose is good for the Gander".
I am not sure how the Canadian banks do it, how on earth do they make any money?
Could you imagine a government that would put a cap on the interest rate that could be charged and the fees that could be charged? I know it is revolting and because of it we live in such a crappy country what with the free health care and great cheap coffee (yea Timmy's).
















How did the banks here make any profit by not dealing in loads of bad debt?
It's not perfect mainly because they didn't make excessive profit in the years leading up to the meltdown and subsquently didn't have a meltdown.
We still have corporations that put dollars ahead of people, our banks still have late fees and service charges but not what the people of the USA have had.
I guess greed has a price, charged to the lower and whats left of the middle class.
Of the United States of America.
Just an uninformed opinion from a guy thats Lovin Livin in the Great White North.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?