Really that happened to me too!















I do love this site with the amount of truly creative people whose stuff I can read and view.
As I read posts it occurs to me that perhaps I should stop because of the incidence of common experience. Damn Jung and his synchronicity thing, wow I spelled that correctly.
I am finding that the younger people of America are truly literate and engaging of course this opinion comes from a very slight sample of the population but I still have been given the ammo to fire back at the critics of this electronic medium and its host the WWW.
I must be somewhat of an anomoly for a guy my age, I never had a love for nor a disdain for the computer or the internet.
OK I did feel the net was sort of lame back in the 80's and frankly it was hard to find certain bits of info unless it had something to do with naked women or the selling of cheap electronics the result of finding failings in it drove me away from the net until 2005. Yeah I know you were 3 years old then.
I forget my age and this leads me to say to many a ancedote " Hey that happened to me too!" after which all eyebrows are raised and eyes roll back while heads turn away. Understandable mainly because most folk under thirty are taken aback when I admit to being over 50.
This was underlined and punched out in bold type while I had a gig working at a call center for an American cable company, makes me giggle a bit to think that I have perhaps talked to one or two of you who post on here.
While I was there the average age of my coworkers was around 22. I would go out with a few of them to drink and smoke and when asked how old do you think I am I would get replies that made me out to be between 30 and 45, these kids sure made me feel good.
Thing is that when their parents were 16 or 17 I was in the middle east married and soon to be a father. By the time they were born I had 3 lovely girls in my household,4 including my beautiful wife, living as a retro hippy. So I am trying to catch up, putting into cyberspace my doings and thoughts from then and for now so I find that my foggy memories are brought back into my minds eye when I read some posts. I wonder "what is the point of reilliterrating this story from so and so using the details of my past.
Really that happened to me too, only it was a decade or two ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

So what is your big idea?

On the road in India