Do I have to grow up now?

OMGosh........I got a call while I was up in the hinterland of Saskatchewan. I thought it was going to be the normal "Daddy I love you and was thinking of you." type of call. The message left by my eldest was the normal "call me at home." so what else would I think?
It wasn't, it was that news that most parents are waiting to hear.
Now mind you I have been waiting sometime now for a message of "Hey I am enrolled in college/university", but I knew that was not happening anytime soon so I thought it was the first one. It's a call I get usually once a month at least. But no it was "Guess what....you're going to be a Grandpa!".

I don't have the type to express the joy I have in my heart at this news! Here I will try to convey the emotion using the keyboard.
http://www.blogger.com/#@!. OK that comes up as a link, don't click on it or you might end up with homeland security knocking at your door!


I have only one tiny downside to this which is wondering what my folks will think of this. I don't know if I can handle a deadpan response.
Really! I have a vision of them going "Hmmm that's nice I guess" I would fucking lose it. But in the end my worry is very self centered, I should be happy and will be happy no matter thier response. It is a great day for my family, my family would include all who are as excited and happy for this event as Caira and I are, should include Ben in there too as he is the Dad.

So I will come to be known as Grandpa Gord.

I am as happy as this Grandpa pictured.

Now I have a question to ask myself: will I ever get to be this old?

It is a pertinent one. It is one that might change

the way I conduct myself. There is yet another

life that can have me in it for another generation.

I should want to be there for that "new" generation, so that little person can know who the old guy in those pictures really is.

Not the old guy shown here but me, the grandpa. I never knew my Dad's Dad but would have liked to.

Perhaps to this end I should be living a healthier lifestyle ie: stop the stupid tobacco smoking, get regular physical check-ups, abstain from the cocaine and cheap hookers.

Whoa, I went to far, I love cocaine and cheap sex, LOL!
Really, I don't do blow anymore and have hardly ever paid for sex.
I guess the all encompassing question is this, do I have to grow up now?
I love you all so very much
yours always
Dad, aka, Grandpa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

On the road in India

So what is your big idea?